Privacy, Cookies & Third Parties
Your privacy is important to us and we take it very seriously. We want to help everyone who uses ABCV Solutions’ services to understand their rights.
The policy below lays out in simple English how the GDPR and the current ePrivacy Directive applies to the way ABCV Solutions handles your personal data. Our aim is to be responsible, relevant and secure when using your data.
As Data Controllers, we process personal information to enable us to provide CV Writing, LinkedIn Optimisation, Job Interview Presentations, Social Media Management, Cover Letter Writing, Social Media Audit and Social Media Management services for engineering and technical professionals. We also process personal information to promote our services, undertake research, and to maintain our own accounts and records.
Our expectation is that individuals placing an order for any of our services are giving consent to use their personal details for the reasons above. If this is not your expectation, please do not place an order. Placing an order indicates that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of the policy.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, write a new CV for you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
Please take a moment to read through what information we collect about you, who we share it with and how they might use it.
Who controls my personal data:
- The Data Controller is ABCV Solutions, operating as a sole trading entity.
- The registered address is Clovenfords Lodge, Caddonfoot Rd, Clovenfords TD1 3LY
- The Data Controller’s representative is Amelia J Brooke.
- You can contact them at email@example.com
- ABCV Solutions is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office Certificate Number ZA322406
What is the purpose and legal basis of using my data?
At ABCV Solutions we will rely on your ‘consent’ to use your personal data. GDPR defines consent as ‘any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subjects’ wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her’.
By placing an order you have accepted that you understand and accept this as a valid legal basis for processing your personal data.
If you pay for any service from ABCV Solutions, you may be also added to the newsletter, without the opt-in. This is legal under GDPR at time of writing (last updated September 2020). You have the option to unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe link’ in the email.
What data will the Controller collect and process?
- personal details
- education details
- training and employment details
- financial details
- work placement details
- hobbies and interests
- passwords to social media sites (if applicable)
- business activities of the data subject (if applicable)
- details of clients contact with other professionals (if applicable)
- Personal Data may also include a link to a professional profile photograph if one is available in the public domain, g. LinkedIn
Do you collect Sensitive data?
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We also do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Who will have access to the data?
- The recipients of personal data are limited to ABCV Solutions and approved subprocessors.
- We use data processors like Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, Google Analytics and MailChimp to help us run our online communities and publish our newsletter.
- We exclusively take payments using PayPal.
- Although outside the EU, all these organisations are GDPR compliant.
- LinkedIn Optimisation, Interview Presentations and Social Media Management services may be completed by our vetted subprocessors in the UK.
- Each of our subprocessors goes through a rigorous selection process to make sure they have the required technical expertise and meet ABCV Solutions operational standards.
- If applicable to your order, you can request to view the list of current third-party subprocessors by emailing The Data Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your personal data will not be shared with any third parties unconnected with ABCV Solutions.
How secure is my data?
ABCV Solutions adopts appropriate data collection, storage practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal information. These measures include:
- Password Protected Hardware
- File Encryption
- Use of industry-standard antivirus, malware and firewall software
- Deletion of unnecessary software and applications
- Regular patch management and software updates
- Safely stored offline backup devices
For how long will the data be kept?
The Retention period for personal data is 7 years for all ordered placed with us. We have chosen 7 years because HMRC requires that we must keep records for ‘6 years’ from the end of the last financial year they relate to or longer if they show a transaction that covers more than one accounting period.
ABCV Solutions will be required to deactivate personal data after the relevant retention period, or when they are in receipt of the data subjects request to do so, whichever is the earlier. The data subject has the right to change their mind and withdraw consent at any point during the retention period.
With relation to our free CV Review service, the retention period for holding CVs which include personal data is limited to 1 year.
What are my rights?
ABCV Solutions confirms the following rights to each Data Subject:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
If you feel that ABCV Solutions somehow doesn’t comply with privacy legislation, please let us know so we can fix it.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with our response you have every right to complain, the official body to do so in The UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
We value your time and look forward to helping you reach your professional goals!
If you wish to disable cookies, or to be alerted when cookies are being sent, you may do so through your individual browser options. If you do so, please note that some parts of our site may not function properly.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
ABCV Solutions expressly disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied that services will be error-free, uninterrupted or that the site or the server that make it available are free of viruses or bugs. Our site is provided without warranty of any kind. By using our website, you signify your acceptance of this policy.