With the news of the failed building firm Carillion making headlines this week and with thousands of workers standing to lose their jobs as the company goes down, it’s perhaps a good time remind ourselves that it’s how we act on the news we get that determines our success in getting a good new job after the loss of one. Here are our tips on how to bounce back:
- Use the time wisely, start job hunting NOW!
- Tap into your network. If you don’t have one, get one
- Learn from your experience and break free from feelings of doubt
- Let go of any resentment or negativity towards your previous employer
- Make your CV, LinkedIn profile and cover letter the best they can be
- Maintain a good routine outside of your job search
A job loss is a blow to both your finances and your confidence. Staying busy and working on your skills will increase your odds of finding new employment quickly.
Leveraging all the tools at your disposal is increasingly important in today’s competitive job market, and our professional team can work closely with you to ensure you get the exposure needed to land your next dream job.
At ABCV Solutions we can help you stand out both offline and online with professionally written CVs, Cover Letter, LinkedIn Profiles and more. Established in 2014, we’re expert and dedicated CV writers for the engineering industry. We generate interview-winning CVs for all disciplines across all sectors.
Contact us today to find out more https://abcvsolutions.com/.